Tips for choosing the ‘Right’ Tradesman…Premier Pointing
- Before contacting anyone – do your research!
Prior to requesting quotes or contacting repointing companies, conduct a little research of your own – simply give yourself a better understanding of what your building may require and what skills you should expect from your craftsman. Building your knowledge arms you with the right questions to ask when you’re being quoted, and therefore can help you make the right decision when choosing a potential repointing specialist.
- Ask, ask, ask?
Ask your craftsman plenty of questions during the quoting process, but remember it’s equally important to ensure you’re asking the right ones. Don’t get too caught up on costings initially, first focus on questions like:
- What is your licence number? Do you have public liability insurance?
- What qualifications or expertise do you posses?
- How long have you and your workers been repointing or tuck pointing?
- What is your process for removing mortar? What mortar do you use?
- How will you ensure the site remains clean?
Never hesitate to ask for more detail regarding your quote. If there’s anything on there you don’t understand, it always helps to double check.
- Check references and previous work…
Not only should you check your chosen company’s website and gallery, don’t be afraid to ask them for references or addresses of previous work they’ve completed so you can have a look for yourself. All good repointing specialists and tuck pointer experts are proud to show off their work.